Re: SLA electrode for EDM

From: Professor P M Dickens (pdickens@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 10:35:37 EET

Norman,
We have published quite a few papers on this please see the following:

Dickens, P.M. & Smith, P.
'Stereolithography Tooling'
Proceedings of The 1st European Conference on Rapid Prototyping
The University of Nottingham, 6-7 July 1992, 309-317

Arthur, A and Dickens, P.M.
"Rapid Prototyping of EDM Electrodes by Stereolithography"
Proceedings of the International Symposium for Electromachining, April
17-21 1995, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, Ed. Jean-Pierre S. van
Griethuysen and Dimitris Kiritsis, pp 691-699.

Arthur, A., Cobb, R.C. and Dickens, P.M.
"The potential for Rapid Prototyped EDM electrodes using
Stereolithography models"
Proc. of 1st National Conference on Rapid Prototyping & Tooling
Research, 6th - 7th November 1995, MEP Publications Ltd, London, Edited
by Bennett, G. ISBN 0 85298 982 2, pp 221 - 235.

Arthur, A., Dickens, P.M. and Cobb, R.C.
"Using rapid prototyping to produce electrical discharge machining
electrodes"
Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2, 1996, pp 4-12, ISSN 1355-2546

Soar, R. C. and Dickens, P.M.
"Finishing Laminated Tooling with Stereolithography EDM Electrodes"
Proc. of 5th European Conference on Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing,
4th - 6th June 1996, Helsinki, Finland, Edited by Dickens, P.M., ISBN 0
9519759 5 1, pp 87 - 106.

Arthur, A., Dickens, P.M.
"Material Removal and Tool Wear Rates in EDM with Stereolithography
Electrodes"
Proc. of 5th European Conference on Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing,
4th - 6th June 1996, Helsinki, Finland, Edited by Dickens, P.M., ISBN 0
9519759 5 1, pp 157 - 169.

Arthur, A., Dickens, P.M., Bocking, C. and Cobb, R.C.
"Wear & failure mechanisms for SL EDM Electrodes"
Proceedings of the Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium,
The University of Austin in Texas, 12-14 August 1996, pp 175-189

Arthur, A., Cobb, R.C., and Dickens, P.M.
"Combining electroforming and electroplating to produce EDM electrodes
from Rapid Prototype models"
12th National Conference on Manufacturing Research, Bath, September
1996.

Arthur A, Romero J Carol, Dickens P M, Cobb RC,
'Rapid EDM electrodes using StereoLithography models: Combining pin
matrix and electroplating techniques'
2nd National Conference on Rapid Prototyping and Tooling Research,
Edited by Bennett, G., Buckinghamshire College, UK, Nov. 18-19 1996, pp
161-169, ISBN 1 86058 048 3.

 Soar, R.C.; Arthur, A., and Dickens, P.M.
'Processing & Application of Rapid Prototyped Laminate Production
tooling'
2nd National Conference on Rapid Prototyping and Tooling Research,
Edited by Bennett, G., Buckinghamshire College, UK, November 18-19 1996,
pp 65-76, ISBN 1 86058 048 3.

Arthur, A. and Dickens, P.M.
"Model EDM Electrodes as an alternative route to complex mould and die
cavities"
Proc. of 6th European Conference on Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing,
1st-3rd July 1997, Nottingham, England, Edited by Dickens, P.M., ISBN 0
9519759 7 8, pp 245 - 252.

Arthur, A., and Dickens, P.M.
"The measurement of heat distribution in Stereolithography electrodes
during Electro-Discharge machining"
Int. J. of Prod. Research, In press