RE: Kinergy (was Sibco LOM material)

From: DAN DAVIS, RAPID PROTOTYPE (DANIEL@PMISD.PROTON.com.my)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 03:28:27 EET

Masuo-san & all:

I have seen this machine work in Singapore, Jakarta and elsewhere. I do
not know about the paper technology, but the part quality seems to be
like a Helisys machine in the early days -- not too impressive. That
circles are definately faceted (no circular intrepretation in the
software) is the biggest issue. I'm think a software issue, so it
should improve over time.

But because it is such a direct copy of the Helisys machine, they will
likely have patent issues (ala EOS & SLA) in US, Japan and maybe EU.
Also, I have never seen the 50 inch machine build a part (and I've seen
it at several shows)........has anyone?

If the paper story is true, I'd like to buy some to try on my LOMs.

Regards,
> Dan Davis
> Division Head, RP&M
> Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Berhad (PROTON)
Hicom Industrial Estate
Batu 3 PO Box 7100
Shah Alam, Selangor D. E.
40918 MALAYSIA