Re: Absorb UV Light?

From: Ken (ken@zysys.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 21:30:42 EET

Most Plexiglass will absorb wavelengths below 380nm. I have tested Cyro
UF-7 which starts transmitting at 390nm, OP-2 & OP-3 which starts at about
400nm. Use OP-2, since its cast, its easier to machine.

You can contact Cyro at 203-799-4066.

If you want, I can fax you a copy of the Spectral Transmittance chart.

Also you may take note that Aluminum reflects UV about 85% so be careful of
the reflection.

Good luck,

Ken Tashiro
ZYSYS INC.
2790 Skypark Drive
Suite 201
Torrance, California 90505
tel: 310-257-0300
fax: 310-257-0309
E-Mail: ken@zysys.com
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take
orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze
a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal,
fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
- Robert A. Heinlein