Re: Laser life

From: Sheku Kamara (kamara@dukat.rpc.msoe.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 16:57:15 EET

"Re-melt" is the restoration of laser operating power by melting "cadmium
 dendrites" out of the beam path.

 "Cadmium dendrites": build-up of solid debris that occur in the tube as
 the cadmium travels from the reservoir to the front of the laser tube.

      beam path------------/\-----------------
                         / \ /\
           Dendrites / \ / \

 My colleague, Darius Daruwala, and I will give a presentation at the
 users' group on the performance characteristics of the HeCd laser for the
 SLA-250 series.

* Sheku Kamara *
* Rapid Prototyping Center *
* Milwaukee School of Engineering *