Recoating methods

From: John Male (jmale01@buckscol.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 13:44:13 EET

Dear All,

I am a research student working on a surface measurement technique for
use with SL to help reduce z wait times and avoid build crashes. As part
of the justification for this work, I want to find out how many of the
SL machines are using which recoating method (ie zephyr, doctor blade or
deep dip).
If you have an SL machine, could I trouble you to quickly email me
telling me which machine(s) you have and which recoating technique each
uses. I will post a summary of the responses to the list.
Also, if you have the information, how many blade crashes do people
typically encounter over a period using zephyr and doctor blades, and if
anyone has changed from a doctor blade to zephyr, does the frequency of
crashes change? Does the resin used have any effect?
Lastly, does anyone who has or used to have an SLA 190 have the graph of
critical circle diameter against z wait time for different resins. I
have the graph for SL5170, but have been unable to find graphs for any
other resins. Any information would be appreciated, even on resins that
are no longer in use.
Thanks in advance for your help

John

--
John Male
Research Student

Tel 00 44 (0)1494 605085 Fax 00 44 (0)1494 538593

jmale01@buckscol.ac.uk

http://www.buckscol.ac.uk/tech/crdm/crdm.html