Fw: FDM borders (fwd)

From: Innomation Systems & Technologies Pte Ltd (istpl@singnet.com.sg)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 11:02:01 EET

dear FDM users,

i am joseph sim from IST...the FDM vendor in Singapore.

i will try to veify my diagnosis with the Stratasys experts....but we have
never come across this problem(layer do not fuse together) before. the
only time we see that the "layers do not fuse" is when there are not enough
supports created in the required regions. if they are using QuickSlice
minimal support building option this could be a problem.

what i can suggest is to use maximum or optimal support building option
rather than minimal.

Sincerely,
joseph sim

> From: Drew Brown <conreality@greatid.com>
> To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
> Subject: FDM borders
>
> Has anyone had any difficulties with FDM borders not completely fusing to
the previous layer on sloped,
> unsupported walls? This problem causes the part walls to look rippled. If
anyone has any suggestions to
> correct this problem it would be greatly appreciated. We are running an
FDM1650 in ABS.