3DSNASUG Conference - Tutorials and Breakout Sessions

From: Beth P Israelnaim (Beth@bdrc.bd.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 1998 - 17:49:52 EET

Hello everyone,

I am putting together the tutorials and breakout sessions for the upcoming 3D Systems North American Stereolithography User Group Conference and would like to ask a few questions to help me plan these events to best suit your needs.

Tutorials will run on Sunday, March 1 from 1-5.

We are scheduled to have a tutorial on Sunday, March 1 dealing with build techniques. Would you as a user like to see this broken down into a beginning and an advanced, or would you like it presented as build techniques using specific resin/machine? You tell me. How would you like a session on this topic to be presented to you - the user. Also, if you are planning to attend and would like to help with this session, I'd love to hear from you and I welcome your help.

I also need some input and more importantly, help on the Metal Casting tutorial. I'm looking for someone you can describe and show with overheads/slides the various metal casting processes and also discuss/demonstrate some of the up front model preparation work that needs to be done to have the best chance for a successful casting.
The Breakout Sessions will be held on Wednesday afternoon (March 4).

I am running the accuracy breakout and would like to hear from you if you have any special parts or tests that you run on any of your machines. I have a 250 and a 350 and can share what I do with these. An example would be the wedge part that Michael Miller posted several weeks ago, which was great by the way - thanks Mike). Also, if you would like to personally share your parts or procedures and join me in the breakout, that would be great too. Kamesh - where are you???????????????? Please join us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to hear from you if you have any maintenance tips for the 350 or 500 and would be willing to help Reggie Ponder and James Nevel run that session.

Did you say post-processing? Do you have any tips for us? What makes your parts easier to clean - is there something special you do that you would like to SHARE! (I need help on this one too.)

One last thing - BILL DURDEN - where are you? What is your phone number or email address? Please call me or email me - I need your help.

To those of you who do not own 3D Systems stereolithography equipment, I apologize for the interruption - but time is running out and I need help. As a user of another technology you may still have opinions on these topics and I welcome your comments as well. To those of you who do own 3D Systems stereolithography equipment - I hope you will give me your comments and also that you will come and take advantage of the opportunity to ask questions, express your wishes for future development and learn all that you can from your peers...and have fun in the process.

Thank you for your time,

Beth Israelnaim
Sr. SLA Technician
Becton Dickinson Research Center