Re: Material for milling big products

From: Steve_Farentinos (sfarenti@scf.usc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 22 1997 - 21:35:10 EET

Jan,

We use both Renshape from Ciba and Rayite 100 (a machineable plaster)
from U.S. Gypsum. The latter comes in powder form and is mixed with
water and poured into a mold. It's much easier on cutters and it comes
out about half the cost of Renshape, but isn't as good for machining
small details. We use it mainly for large contoured molds that don't
have many sharp edges.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos