RE: Is this true.........?

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@indy.navy.mil)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 22:21:00 EET

>From: Elaine T. Hunt
>Date: Monday, December 08, 1997 2:12PM

>Add to this the fact that most RP products have either
>strength or accuracy limitations, and the choice is usually to wait a
>few days longer and get it made out of aluminum in the shop.""

If it only a matter of a few days - then I would say by all means go the
conventional route (in most cases). In our big shop, rarely would the
difference be expressed in terms of days, but rather weeks. At this
point, RP is much more viable. Having said that there are still times
we attempt to turn work away because the geometry is too simple and/or
massive - i.e. a 10 x 10 x .5 inch plate with holes in it. We would
strongly suggest that they not use the SLA or at least let us build it
hollow.

Todd Stahlhut