Graduate Assistantships

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@egr.uri.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 22:55:37 EET

For those who might be interested in pursuing a graduate degree (either a
masters or a Ph.D.) I wanted to let you know that we have paid graduate
assistantships available in the department of Industrial & Manufacturing
Engineering at the University of Rhode Island. These assistantships are
available beginning as early as this coming summer. (We have money available
immediately, but it's too late to apply for the spring semester.)

Assistantships are available for research in the areas of Rapid Prototyping,
Rapid Tooling and Rapid Manufacturing Technologies. In addition,
the department has funds for assistantships in the areas of Design for
Manufacture, Design for Assembly, Design for Environment, Design for
Quality, End of Product Life Modeling, Manufacturing Systems and
Flexible Manufacturing.

Those interested in research relating to Rapid Prototyping in any way, please
contact me at the address, phone or email at the end of this note. For those
interested in general information about the department, or in the non-RP
topics, please contact:

Dr. Manbir Sodhi
Graduate Programs Director
Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI 02881
(401)874-2455
sodhi@egr.uri.edu
Website: http://www.egr.uri.edu/ime/grad-study.html

We have a lot of interesting research work being planned, particularly in RP-
related fields, so if you want to be involved, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Brent Stucker

Dr. Brent Stucker
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540