RP and Footwear

From: Steve (stever@scanlab3d.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 21:49:38 EET

Yakov and Marshall:

Coincidentally, we have recently been contacted by a, very high end, ice
skate manufacturer ( clients such as Kristi Yamaguchi etc.) to laser scan
the skaters feet (soles, of course) in order to achieve a more "custom" fit
and improve turnaround time. Presently, it is done with little science and
resembles a "cobblers" operation. We are looking into the elastomeric
material from DTM material to test the results.

Also, we have cross sectionally scanned the bottom a shoe ( waffle looking
treads) with great success. Since lasers are not fond of 90 degree angles,
the cross sectional scanner has proved useful.

Best Regards,

Stephen Rotzin
Scanlab 3D
510-676-1280 / Fax 1288
1054-C Shary Circle
Concord, CA 94518
U.S.A.
mailto:stever@scanlab3d.com
http://www.scanlab3d.com

"Scanning the Globe for a Constant Variety of Objects"