Re: Tooling Resins vs. SLA

From: PHIL DICKENS (epzpmd@epn1.maneng.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 11:21:11 EET

Dear Jody,
We have had much more success with SLA moulds. We have only moulded
polypropylene but have had tools produce over 500 parts without
damage.
We are running a new SLA tool on Monday which is the most complicated
I have seen yet. It is for producing a very complex comb/brush using
a double cavity insert. The total shot weight is 0.080 kg.
We are hoping to get 1,000 parts out of this new tool so we are
keeping are fingers crossed.
It really depends on the moulding machine operator. If a mistake is
made then we have early failure.

Phill Dickens

University of Nottingham