RE: RP??: A cute LOM based novelty item!

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric.sri.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 1997 - 21:17:03 EET

George, thanks for the tip. I'm clearing a space on my desk for this new
toy. Whatever it is, it has to work better than modeling clay does in
these unskilled hands of mine. I'm always intrigued by toys that allow kids
(big and small) to explore their creativity with form, including everything
from Lincoln Logs to Legos to Zoob. Even one of those brightly colored
plastic Slinkies, flying through the air, can occupy me for some time. A 3-D
Skulpting machine will be the end of me.

Brock Hinzmann

George Sachs wrote:

>If you happen to visit certain toy stores in the coming months, you may
come
>across a very interesting new novelty item (at least it's new to me).
Some
>of you may even kick yourselves when you see its simplicity (I did!).
>Apparently there was at least one creative individual who saw commercial
RP
>as "all work no play" and was motivated enough to see a market for even
>"very bad RP" and consequently decided to make something fun (and
>potentially extremely profitable) out of it. I think people like Michael
>Rees and Brock Hinzmann would get a special kick out of this one! By the
>way, it is being touted as "a brand new concept". Now I won't spoil the
fun
>for you just yet, but if no one discovers what this thing is, I will
spill
>the beans in a later posting. By the way, did anyone from Shroff
Development