Re: IGES data transfer from CATIA

From: Joe Allison (Joe@SolidConcepts.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 1997 - 03:05:00 EET

At 04:14 PM 10/29/97 PST, you wrote:
>I've been having problems importing IGES files from CATIA. When I open the
files on Surfacer (Imageware) I always get untrimmed surfaces and some
missing surfaces. Does anyone out there in RP land have any solution to
importing CATIA IGES files.

>Does anyone know any service beaureau that use CATIA and CATIA Databridge
(Imageware)?

Luther V Diaz Yap

Most IGES input routines have trouble with CATIA because they define their
trim curves with cartesian (x,y,z) coordinates instead of the industry
standard parametric (u,v,w) coordinates. If you are just trying to get an
STL file, the latest version of SolidView with IGES version 2.1 was
specifically enhanced to handle CATIA and similar formats.

Thanks,

Joe Allison
Solid Concepts Inc.
Rapid Prototyping Software and Services