RE: Metal Spray Tooling

From: Halford, Ben (ben_halford@peragroup.com)
Date: Wed Oct 29 1997 - 13:32:00 EET

Phil

PVA or Taffa Black will be your best bets, but my expectations are that your
Al will peel off the SLA by about 0.15 mm rather then 2 mm. The issues of
CTE and Tm make Al a very nasty substance to work with - oh and check the
H&S regarding extraction and explosions . As an aside we regularly spray
steels directly onto SLA up to 1mm thick. Greater thicknesses are possible
but again the tendency for the shell to curl is the limiting factor.
Regards

Ben Halford
PERA Technology
England