Very Hard Cutting Tools

From: MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA (KHVD07A@prodigy.com)
Date: Thu Oct 23 1997 - 15:51:06 EEST

-- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

One of our customers is interested in producing a helical cutter in
various lengths from 4" to 15" long. The diameter of the cutter is from
1 inch to 1.5 inches.

He would like to make the cutting edges extremely hard (approaching
diamond hardness). I am interested in any experiences that the people
on this list have in the area of making similar type devices.
(approaches using RP for making the tool pattern would be of particular
interest).

Regards,
Al Hastbacka