Re: [rpml] Suggestion for mail-list (fwd)

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 15:56:36 EEST

Yet another bounced message...

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>
 'owner rp-ml'
*Share and Enjoy!*

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:00:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Dickinson <dickijk@bille.ppc.engga.uwo.ca>
To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
Subject: Re: [rpml] Suggestion for mail-list

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Mark Kottman wrote:

> On a different mailing list that I subscribe to, there is a tag added
> automatically by the list manager software. Maybe this list can be set
> up that way also? It adds [listname] to the subject line of every
> message.

I personally don't want to [rpml] attached to every letter (automatically
or not). If I want that type of filtering then I'll find a way of doing
it based on the From: field. The problem is you get messages with subject
lines like:
Subject: [rpml] Re: [rpml] Re: [rpml] re: [rpml] Reading stl files into...

This quickly pushes the true subject off the subject line.

Just my opinion, John

--
-((Insert standard disclaimer here))-|--- boomtown (david + david) 1986  ----
John Kenneth Dickinson               |   "he's the best there is,