SML thread

From: Atif Mehmet Yardimci (ayardi1@uic.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 17:53:47 EEST

Hi:

Pleae take a look to the following sml files, which use space filling
curves for toolpath generation. The last curve hilb3.sml includes
absolute move's to negative coordinates so use it at your own risk.

http://icarus.cc.uic.edu/~ayardi1/hilb1.sml.gz
http://icarus.cc.uic.edu/~ayardi1/siep1.sml.gz
http://icarus.cc.uic.edu/~ayardi1/hilb3.sml.gz

The advantages of using such geometric structures and similar ones
(curvilinear grids and finite element meshes) are worthwile pursuing,
(better thermal process management, stronger parts, form engineered
structures, porous body generation etc...)

Best,

     Atif Yardimci

Manufacturing Processes Laboratory +1-312-355-0478 / +1-312-413-7408 [voice]
Mechanical Engineering Department +1-312-413-0447 [fax]
University of Illinois at Chicago e-mail: ayardi1@uic.edu
            http://guceri1.me.uic.edu/kok/atif/