mri to .stl ug.prt -Reply

From: MED (SWCHAN@hkpc.org)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 14:27:40 EEST

Dear Rob,

Is your question about how to manipulate the CT or MRI data and
exported the data to make the RP model. If it is you can consider the
software provided by Materialise, they have the Mimics and CTM
for these purpose. You can visit their site "http://www.materialise.com"
for detail information.

Regards
Frederick Tang (mftang@hkpc.org)
for Norman Chan (RPTC supervisor - Hong Kong Productivity Council)

>>> Rob Gallant <rgallant@anaconda.wad.comm.harris.com> 10/04/97
05:35am >>>
Dear RP community,

Is it possible to obtain a .stl file and a iges file (end result unigraphics part
file) from a medical MRI or is a CT scan the only way. If so want
information or file format would I require and were could I get the files
converted. The end use of this file is for back surgery for my partner in
our prototype shop. This operation is apparently a relatively new
proceedure, and a model would be helpful.

Any help or information regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.
Robert E. Gallant
Harris Canada, Inc.
Harris Wireless Access Divsion
6732 8th Street N.E.