Re: SLA-250 Laser replacement

From: PROFORM (Proform@proform.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 30 1997 - 01:08:50 EEST

Andy,

I know that Solidiform Inc. has installed recently a 70 mW Liconix
laser, but I don't know how it's behaving with time.
I am somewhat astonished that your Omnichrome lasers last only about 200
hours. We regularly get 5000 - 6000 hours with still 20 - 25 mW power at
the end. Sometimes however we observe sudden death so that you better
have one in spare.
At the Laser 97 in Munich I was looking actively for alternative
suppliers but I wasn't all that successful. You could check with Kimmon
electric Co. in Japan, they specify HeCd lasers up to 102 mW (Model
IK3102R-G)at 325 nm. Their address is: 1-53-2 Itabashi-Ku, Tokyo, 173
Japan Phone 3-5248-4811 Fax 3-5248-0021$

Regards,

Paul Bernhard

--
PROFORM AG                     Rapid Prototyping and Stereolithography
Route de Fribourg 42