Low Durometer RP Materials

From: Deak, Steve (SDeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 00:29:19 EEST

I'm looking for an RP service provider to produce a direct soft suction
cup-like part. I know of the DTM/Somos material, but are there other
processes (FDM and SL, etc) with smooth surface finish which could be
used and hold a small weight and a slight vacuum (highly descriptive
terms, eh?)?

I need to test single copies of several designs before settling on a
part configuration. The part is rather small and would certainly not
exceed any known RP machine work envelope.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve Deak e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Manager-Rapid Prototyping voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
Hasbro Toy Group fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 USA "Our Business is Fun!"