Re: Bad surface finish on flat surface with holes

From: Drew Brown (conreality@greatid.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 1997 - 06:06:02 EEST

AAROFLEX wrote:

> Although we do not have an SLA-250, I can certainly relate to your
> problem of scan lines around a hole. You would experience the same
> problem in fabricating a toroid, otherwise known as a doughnut shape,
> while scanning in vector mode on the AAROFLEX Solid Imager. Once we
> inaugurated the raster mode on the ACCUScan system (the AAROFLEX
> scanning system) it was possible to scan the entire surface from one end
> to the other with several holes simultaneously, thereby eliminating the
> jumps back to a dry joint. We found the only remedy for these types of
> problems is the raster scan, which we include on the fastest, most
> accurate scanning system in the world at no additional cost.
>
> Albert C. Young, Jr., P.E.
> AAROFLEX, Inc.
> aaroflex@aaroflex.com

Albert

Wow, quite a statement! It sounds quite familiar to what was said last
year to us. If anyone is interested in the accuracy results of our "paid
for" analasys in March 97 please contact me privately.

I can also give you a little insight on AAROFLEX "policy".

Drew Brown
Conceptual Reality L.L.C.
Phone:(248)926-8820
Fax:(248)926-8830