Re: Bad surface finish on flat surface with holes

From: AAROFLEX (aaroflex@aaroflex.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 18:39:28 EEST

Although we do not have an SLA-250, I can certainly relate to your
problem of scan lines around a hole. You would experience the same
problem in fabricating a toroid, otherwise known as a doughnut shape,
while scanning in vector mode on the AAROFLEX Solid Imager. Once we
inaugurated the raster mode on the ACCUScan system (the AAROFLEX
scanning system) it was possible to scan the entire surface from one end
to the other with several holes simultaneously, thereby eliminating the
jumps back to a dry joint. We found the only remedy for these types of
problems is the raster scan, which we include on the fastest, most
accurate scanning system in the world at no additional cost.

Albert C. Young, Jr., P.E.
AAROFLEX, Inc.
aaroflex@aaroflex.com