Re: Upgrading CPU and memory because of lag time.

From: David K. Leigh (harvest@vvm.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 14:24:30 EEST

>I am interested if anyone out there in RP land has noticed the lag time of
>of your SLA 500/40 and SLS 2000 workstation before scanning. Is the
>machine doing some type of calculation?

Normally, you should not have a lag time while scanning with the
Sinterstation. But, if you have a large vector field (a lot of cross
hatching) to scan, it takes time for the computer to download the data to
the scanner. Your lag should be accompanied by the message "Loading
Scanner." If this is the case, there is nothing that can be done to your
SLS2000 to help but . . .

You can increase your scan spacing which will decrease the number of
vectors scanned. Default is .006" and can be increased to .008" which will
yield a 30% improvement, but . . .

It will also decrease the stregth by the same percentage so you will need
to increase laser power. It can also decrease clarity of very small
features.

Good Luck.

David K. Leigh phone (254) 742-1822
Harvest Technologies fax (254) 742-0053