question of RP accuracy

From: Michael Raphael (dirdim@erols.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 1997 - 18:29:57 EEST

I have been casual following the rp-ml for several years not so much as a
user of RP directly but since I am in the "rapid" reverse engineering and
complex part measurement business. I have a client very interested in the
accuracy of RP parts for the different processes and materials. We have
located some published information on some testing that has been done and
the existence of a "sample part" that has been developed for such testing.

We are going to embark on a some accuracy testing and would like to get any
response on recommendations for procedures, methods, etc. on the
measurement and analysis techniques, preferably specifics. Our desire is
that the test methods be statistically valid. I suspect (hope) that there
are some web-accessable repositories of such information, possibly previous
test data, results, methods, etc. If you could point me such a direction
or provide any information to help us we would be grateful. Our desire is
to continue existing research and to publish our results for the benefit of
the RP community.

TIA,

Michael Raphael
Direct Dimensions, Inc.