SIGGraph

From: Steve (stever@scanlab3d.com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 1997 - 00:54:34 EEST

RPer's:

To answer Mr. Burns Q:

> did you see
>any hint of RP or fabricators there, either in the sense of actual
>exhibits or a feeling in the air that our industry would have been
>well-appreciated there?

1. No, very little if any hint of RP Tech. The only company that, I saw,
was CGi with their internal/external laser scanner. Since we are a service
bureau for this, I was very interested in the response from attendees and
exhibitors alike. The CGI booth was swamped! Secondly, due to the
relationship with Stratasys, CGI was displaying scanned toys and objects
and subsequently scaled larger by with the FDM 1650. Interest was
tremendous. Not to mention this is a big show and there is a complement to
this industry with RP.

2. Feeling in the Air? RPer's should think seriously about attending next
year ( Orlando) or displaying their wares for the purposes of RP'ing
renderings and models for animation, TV, Film etc. Hey, the movie industry
in CA alone is $21.6 B.

Just Some Thoughts

BECAUSE WE CARE!

Stephen Rotzin, Prez