some more on dec alpha

From: zedand00 (zedand00@sound.net)
Date: Fri Aug 08 1997 - 05:21:25 EEST

Paul L. Finelt wrote:

> I would be interested in knowing the performance of the ALPHA/NT machines
> over SGI or HP workstations? I've read all the "stuff" and I think that
> AutoCAD's elimination the ALPHA/NT version is very telling of many issues.
>
> Comments?

Dear Paul and list,

I wanted to add another 2 cents about this. Adobe isn't porting any
products to the alpha either. Big company, smart people. Well back when,
they decided to concentrate on the macintosh market and leave the pc
alone. Now corel has 70% of the pc image editing market. A company's
decision not to support a platform is not an indicator of the success of
that platform.

Go Alpha!!

best,

--