RE: OS, CAD,table space, boat anchors,and RP

From: Paul Lasman (caddesign@sprynet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 20:08:15 EEST

My 2 cents... on the CAD end.

I have been using Unigraphics to create CAD models for many of the R/P service centers for the past 7 years and although in older versions of UG there were some problems with fillets which in most cases could be put in during the finishing process I have never experienced any limitations of the OS (HP/UX) in creating models.

My question is this....what gives the user more problems...OS or CAD? Is
OS problems just one of having to 'keep' an old system around to perform
one function or will a new port provide the user a better environment with
which to complete models. Which of the two (CAD or OS) prevents you from
building perfect models? (everytime)