Re: Performance metrics

From: M. Burns (marshall@ennex.com) ((marshall@ennex.com))
Date: Sat Aug 02 1997 - 09:15:37 EEST

Dear Rick,

     That's an interesting question you pose, along with examples of
some of the difficulties in laying out a definitive answer.

     Last year we did a major study of the fabricator shop (service
bureau) industry for a client. In it we identified six criteria for
excellence in a fab shop:
          -- Technical competence,
          -- Understanding of and response to customers' needs,
          -- Delivering quality products in a timely fashion,
          -- Successful communication of the value of its services in the
             marketplace (i.e., sales),
          -- Managed for profit and growth, and
          -- Operating nimbly so as to change with the industry.
Of course most of these criteria do not lend themselves to being measured
numerically, so it comes down to subjective evaluation.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
marshall@ennex.com

** Ennex(TM) Fabrication Technologies **
** FABRICATING THE FUTURE (TM) **
** 10911 Weyburn Avenue, Suite 332, Los Angeles, U.S.A. 90024 **
** Phone: +1 (310) 824-8700 Fax: +1 (310) 824-5185 **
** E-Mail: fabbers@ennex.com **