Re: sls scan speed

From: David K. Leigh (harvest@vvm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 15:32:22 EEST

Scan speed on DTM SLS machines is a measure of scan units per unit of time.
 The time is specefied, and is not changed. There is also a specified
number of scan units for the build area.

The following is just an example, not nec. the real deal. For specifics,
check the General Scanning documentation, which may or may not come with
the machine.

Scan units ~ 64k / 12 inches
Cycle Time ~ .027 seconds
Scan Size = 70 scan units / cycle.

Therefore 1 scan unit = 12"/64k = .0001875"
70 scan units = .013125"
Speed = .013125" / .027 seconds = .486"/sec

Note: These numbers are probably all bogus. The purpose of the exercise
was to show how to obtain speed with the given parameters.