vapor/bead/particle blasting

From: Jason Lichon (jlichon@yazaki-na.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 17:58:31 EEST

Ryan,

We use our particle blaster on almost every part that we produce. It
most definately will remove material if you're not careful. Our goal,
however, is to just give a uniform finish to our parts. I believe that the
use of blasters is pretty common - 3D Sys has one in their part finishing
facility. There are a varity of machines and media available. We use fine
ground glass (around 200 sieve/grit) and a machine made by Vapor Blast
out of Milwaukee. If you are looking for a blast machine, you might
consider one with a vibrating hopper - which will allow you to use finer
materials.

Jason Lichon
Yazaki North America
jlichon@yazaki-na.com