We are discussing courtesy.

From: Robert Hoffman (robert@theriver.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 19:26:50 EEST

I do not think we are being critical of people who use English as their
second language. If anything, we should be setting an example to people who
do speak English as a second language.

I was only going to post this privately, but the amount of people who
blatantly support writing carelessness was amazing. If someone would like
me to read their thoughts, they should be courteous enough to read them
once themselves. I read everything I write over at least once. I don't
mind a few typos and grammar errors but some people demonstrate a total
lack of any care.

We should separate writing from content. We should not be petty, but if
you are beyond a quick proof read, then you are in a class with God.

Robert Hoffman, Advanced Ceramics Research, Tucson, AZ.