RE: 3D printing

From: Karl R. Denton (karl@dentonco.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 14:59:12 EEST

Lex,

YES to all of the items that you mention, however...the models that have been produced on the concpt moderel were either so small it gave no indication of hor the part would acutally be or the model(s) would build bad and start delaminating on completion. We use one of our "real" rp machines to produce full scale verifaction models that IF prove to be correct will be investment cast. There is no possible way that this can be done with the "concept" modeler.

Your last comment "The most important is that these models must be ready within say a coffee break" NOT onece did the concept modeler finish a part by the time we had a coffee break! In fact it, even the designers that have used the equipment have complained about the length of time it taks to build even a small model! You seem to forget some of my previous comments: The designers (the guys and gals that you clame need such a device) have stopped using this equipment on their own. Thay have four that it is more usefull to wait untill they get a design close enough and have us build a full size model to review. One of the problems being that the modeler was so rough that it would drop features smaller then a given size, not good.

Karl