Full 3D/EOS press release

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 1997 - 17:40:05 EEST

A couple of people asked me why I didn't post the entire press release.
The reason is very simple: I don't like to send or read lengthy postings
to the rp-ml. Nevertheless, here it is in its entirety.

Terry Wohlers

3D Systems in Discussions to Acquire Majority Interest in EOS GmbH

VALENCIA, Calif., June 26--3D Systems Corporation and Carl Zeiss Jena GmbH
of Germany, a member of the Carl Zeiss Group, today announced an agreement
in principle for 3D to acquire a majority interest in a Zeiss subsidiary,
EOS GmbH, a major European supplier of rapid prototyping systems.

The definitive agreement, under which 3D would acquire Zeiss' 75.1% stake
in EOS, is expected to be finalized within 10 days and will be subject to
the expiration of a minority investor's preemptive right to acquire the
majority interest. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

EOS is headquartered near Munich and has installed more than 125 rapid
prototyping systems, based on stereolithography and laser sintering
technologies. The company does not currently offer its products in the
United States.

"EOS has made exceptional progress in furthering the growth and acceptance
of rapid prototyping in Europe, " according to Arthur B. Sims, chairman and
chief executive officer of 3D Systems. "We look forward to working with
the team at EOS in continuing the development and marketing of their
technologies and product lines worldwide."

3D Systems and EOS both develop, manufacture and market solid-imaging
systems that substantially reduce the time and costs of bringing new
products to market by quickly fabricating mechanical parts after they are
designed by engineers using computers systems. Major applications include
rapid prototyping and tooling for products in a variety of manufacturing
industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, computer, electronic
and consumer products.

                                                    ###

For current investor information, please call our shareholder
communications service at 800.757.1799 or visit our Web site at
http://www.3dsystems.com.