"old as the hill" laser cutting technique

From: Nicholas_Baum@cc.wdi.disney.com
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 19:28:00 EEST

To all,

        Peter Gien mentioned a laser cutting technique in an email message .

"The CC technique reminds me of the laser cutting machines that cut flat
materials with a bevel edge. The angle of the bevel varies to match the
curvarure of the STL file. This technique is as old as the hills. The PTO should
be staffed by people who are a little more imaginative."

        I have heard of this technique and I understand the general principle.
I would like to find more information about it. Is anyone presently using this
technique? Is it patented? Can I buy software to this?

Thank you,
Nick

Nicholas F. Baum
Walt Disney Imagineering