HOAX

From: azpr (azpr@inficad.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 1997 - 21:51:33 EEST

I thought those of you in rp-ml who received the forwarded email concerning
the little girl, JESSICA MYDEK, who supposedly has cancer, might want to
know this is probably a hoax. I wrote an email to Dr. Linney yesterday, and
today had a phone call from Dr. Linney's administrative assistant, Marsha
Gardner, informing me that according to the American Cancer Socity there is
no Jessica Mydek suffering from this condition. Ms. Garnder said her office
has received numerous phone calls, letters and emails concerning this matter.

I am confident that our up-standing rp-ml members would never knowingly
mis-use our communications community for such an unfortunate purpose, so I
suppose that whoever within our group sent this message did so with all good
intention and belief in the veracity of the message.

I just thought you would all like to know.
Regards,
Loren Werner
A-Z PR