Re: Modem

From: dickman@cinti.net
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 22:40:25 EEST

Ingrid,
        We have recently purchased Hayes modems for our SLA/350 and SLA/500.
Installing and getting the modem to work on the 350 was farily easy. We
simply installed the external modem and set up the phone numbers using NT,
rebooted and it worked the first time. The modem is configured to dial a
pager and uses two codes: 911 for a crash and 777 for a successful build
completion.
  The 500 was a different story. I'll spare you the long version... what it
comes down to is that 3D System eventually upgraded our 486 to a Pentium.
The modem now works on the 500.
If you are running with a 486, install NT, and then try to use the modem
option it could mean trouble :(

At 10:39 AM 6/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have their SLA hooked up to a Modem to call them at home when a
>build is finished, or in trouble. We are thinking of doing this and would like
>some more information. We have a SLA500 and are installing NT software soon.
>Thank you
>

>--
>Ingrid Timmel
>itimmel@fpp.com