Re: Desk top RP machines

From: Brad Fox (rdt@visi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 1997 - 16:42:11 EEST

Jim:
Have you looked at the new Actua 2100 from 3D Systems? The Actua is
based upon ink-jet technology and is (in my opinion) superior to the
Stratasys Genisys and Sanders machine. Primarily because:

1) Actua is faster that Genisys and much, much faster than Sanders.
2) Actua has much better detail than Genisys.
3) From what I can tell, Actua's accuracy is very good.
4) Actua is very quiet - truely an office machine.
5) Actua reliability is outstanding - we've had ours for 4 weeks and not
a single build failure.

Check out 3D's home page at www.3dsystems.com and view the Actua 2100.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Brad Fox
Rapid Design Technologies
rdt@visi.com