Re: STL File Repairs

From: Bert VandenBerg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 21:50:25 EEST

MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA wrote:

> -- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> I am interested in any experience with STL file repair type software.
> There are several software packages that advertise an STL repair feature
> , but how well does this feature work in any of them?
>
> Regards,
> Al Hastbacka

I've used IMedit from Innovmetrics. It provides some good functions for
closing a facetted model, and correcting topological problems. It does
not yet include functions for editting a vertex, or adding vertices.
Its part of a suite of software I've (successfully) used to make a
useful facetted model from 3D scanner data.

--
Bert van den Berg                   E-mail: bert@hymarc.com
Hymarc Ltd.                           http://www.hymarc.com