Re: STL viewer for Irix?

From: Steve_Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 07:53:51 EEST

Justin R. Kidder wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a simple, free STL
> viewer for Irix 6.2 (or lower, I suppose). I just need to look at the
> objects and maybe be able to rotate/zoom them. Rendering would be helpful
> too, but I won't ask for too much. Thanks.

Justin,

I don't know about a free STL viewer for IRIX, but another option may be to
convert the STL files to VRML with the SGI shareware program called "SlaToIv".
Download it from the SGI web site. Then you can use the IRIX tools for VRML
that you already have, like WebSpace and Annotator. The converter only works
with ASCII STL files, though. I've had good luck with relatively small STL
files. With large files, the resulting VRML files are too dense and slow to
manipulate.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos