looking for helmet CAD file

From: Thomas G. Loebig (tloebig@pgh.allegheny.edu)
Date: Thu May 08 1997 - 21:30:56 EEST

Dear RP users,
I have been asked to assist on a research project requiring, in part, a scaled
down prototype of a hockey helmet that would fit pediatric patients between
the ages of 5 months and 18 months. There are several helmets on the market
that have the desired features, but are not available in the required sizes.
We have contacted the manufacturers, but could get no help.

Aside from fully reverse engineering one of these products, I would like to
know if anyone has a CAD solid or surface file of a hockey helmet, Preferably
in Pro/E. If not, I may be able to modify a football helmet.

I have checked Viewpoint Datalabs and they have no hockey helmets. Other web
searches were unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Thomas G. Loebig, MSME
Biomechanics Resarch Lab
Allegheny University of the Health Sciences
320 E. North Avenue, 10th Floor South Tower
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
412.359.6773 FAX: 412.359.3238
tloebig@pgh.allegheny.edu