A New High Heat Deflection Temperature Epoxy for Ar+ Systems

From: MICHELLE L PAETZ 328-5428 (MICHELLE.L.PAETZ@usa.dupont.com)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 17:18:32 EEST

The new DuPont Somos(R) 7100 high-heat-deflection-temperature epoxy for
Argon-ion laser systems (e.g. 3D Systems (SLA-500), EOS (STEREOS), and Aaroflex
(Solid Imager)) is currently in beta testing.

 The beta testing sites confirm the following:

o Smooth down-facing surfaces
o Bubbles are basically non-existent
o Works well with 3D Systems Zephyr(TM) blade for the SLA-500
o Works in a wide range of humidity
o Increased scanning speed
o High Heat Deflection Temperature (102-105 degrees C)

If you would like a copy of preliminary data sheets sent/faxed to you, please
let me know the appropriate information. We anticipate that Somos 7100 will be
commercially available in the third quarter. We will be offering a 35% discount
on the initial fill for your system.

Thank you for your interest in DuPont Somos materials.

Sincerely,

Michelle L. Paetz
Technical Marketing Engineer
DuPont Somos(R) Solid Imaging Materials