"You push the button, we do the rest"

From: Elaine Persall (persall@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 15:40:31 EEST

For those attending last week's RP& M conference in Dearborn...I am sure
you found the RP World as exciting as ever. Thanks to Linda Johnson and
staff for a tremendous job and much appreciation to the SME for sponsoring
this event. If you are not part of the RPA who works with SME to produce
the event then "SHAME" on you! What does it take to get your attention?
I know "scissors", right?

Sales are expanding: 42.6%
new products being introduced: Z-Corp.
new materials: Most exicting.... Somos201 for DTM
Vendor shake ups: Paul Jacobs & others missing from conference scene

Still other problems hang around like doorknobs....
Maintenance and serviceability issues
Materials inadequate
Accuracy not good enough for tooling yet
Too much "hand" work still left to do

We have many more difficult miles to go before this technology even
scratches the surface of it's potential. So grab one of the above
doorknobs and give it a try....you might find a breakthrough.

Thanks to Jerry Angeli of Kodak for reminding me of what good products
should offer.... "You push the button, we do the rest". George Eastman
said that in 1888 and it still applies today especially with the RP
technology...tomorrow's visualization potential.

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine (Persall) Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
persall@ces.clemson.edu
http://design.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html