Re: castable porous metal

From: Michael Tsenter (nest@primenet.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 1997 - 04:36:18 EEST

Bruce Okkema wrote:

> I saw information about low temperature porous castable metal that would be suitable for vacuum form tooling. Could those of you familiar with this or know of a source for this please respond.

Hi Bruce,

We supply METAPOR F100 AL micro-porous air-permeable aluminum material
in 20" x 20" plates with thickness ranging from 1/2" up to 14" thick.

The casting technology of this micro-porous aluminum is called ESPOR.
We are able to produce molds in ESPOR using customer supplied patterns &
masters.

The ESPOR material can be cast against any pattern, as there is no heat
present during the initial casting stage. ESPOR has a shrink rate of
0.02%, so very accurate molds can be cast without the need for
post-processing.

The main tooling applications for METAPOR & ESPOR are prototype &
production molds for vacuum forming (thermoforming).

Please contact us for additional information.

Sincerely,
Michael Tsenter

--
PORTEC - North America