RE: SLS Polycarbonate

From: Brian Bauman (bbauman@proex.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 16:37:16 EEST

Joe,

We use Polycarbonate only for investment casting applications. To infiltrate the patterns for casting, we use a investment grade wax.

If you are still using Polycarbonate for visualization models, you can infiltrate the patterns with urethanes. The urethanes sand better than the the Epo-Thin epoxy. Also you can infiltrate the polycarbonate with different colors. However, it would be very hard to match colors, but you can obtain definite color distinction.

Brian Bauman
Plynetics Express Corporation
1425 Payne Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
bbauman@proex.com
ftp.proex.com (anonymous)
http://www.proex.com
(847) 925-9900 Voice (312) 963-4060 Pager
(847) 925-9901 Fax (847) 925-9917 Modem