Re: Heart Biomodels

From: Ulrich Kliegis (Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 22:32:24 EEST

> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:26:43 -0500 (EST)
> From: Caaaas@aol.com
> To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
> Subject: Heart Biomodels

> Hello,
>
> My Name is Chris Sullivan and I am a full time Masters Student in
> Plastics Engineering at the University of Mass, Lowell. Prior to my
> going back to school, I worked for four years in the Medical Device
> industry for CR Bard.
>
> I have been watching discussions on the topic of Biomodeling with
> great interest. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in
> producing a Biomodel of the human heart?
Yes.

> If so, is it a difficult
> process given the dynamics of the muscle?

Yes, you need an ecg -synchronized MR-recording. Not yet feasible in
routine today.

> Regards,
>
> Chris

ditto,

Ulli
Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...

Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de
http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html
Business:
http://home.t-online.de/home/nordcom

Ulrich G. Kliegis Phone: +49 431 331144 Fax: +49 431 331146