Re: UG to Pro-E translation

From: Dan Sammons (DPT@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 21:58:14 EEST

Georges Fadel wrote:

> Whould anyone know of any way to translate UG files to Pro-E?
>
> The IGES translations used just lose all the fillets..
>
> Thanks
>
> ---
> Georges M. Fadel
> Associate Professor
> Mechanical Engineering Department Tel: (864) 656-5620
> Clemson University Fax: (864) 656-4435
> Clemson SC 29634-0921 USA
> e-mail: gfadel@eng.clemson.edu
> www: http://design.eng.clemson.edu/dmg/people/faculty/fadel.html

George,
We have taken a "long way" around approach that has worked on different
occasions ... We start by taking the Parasolid output from Unigraphics
and reading the Parasolid file into SolidWorks. The SolidWorks data is
then translated through IGES into Pro/E.

The translation out of SolidWorks has proved to be quite reliable into
Pro/E.

Thanks,
Dan Sammons
Design Prototyping Technologies