fibers and elastomers for FDM

From: Jan Helge Bøhn (bohn@vt.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 03:42:41 EEST

There have been a few requests for information on ongoing research activities
in the areas of layered manufacturing with fiber composites and elastomers.

1. We have had success in fabricating parts by fused deposition modeling
   using chopped high-aspect ratio fibers and continuous fibers.

2. We are also pursuing fused deposition modeling with soft elastomers
   (60-80 Shore A).

We expect to present specific results on both projects later this summer.
Watch the WWW site: http://cadserv.cadlab.vt.edu/bohn/rp/

Dr. Jan Helge Bøhn
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0238
Phone: +1-540-231-3276, Fax: +1-540-231-9100
E-mail: bohn@vt.edu
WWW: http://cadserv.cadlab.vt.edu/bohn/
PGP public key: http://cadserv.cadlab.vt.edu/bohn/PGP.html