Re: VRML viewers.

From: Tom Vorgitch (tom@solidconcepts.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 23:09:06 EEST

SolidView 2.1, which will be released about the end of April,
will include support for VRML files. Once you have loaded a VRML
file, you can measure it and section it, and create free player files
as you can do with STL and IGES files in SolidView 2.0.

Anyone who has purchased SolidView 2.0 or 1.0 will receive a free
upgrade to 2.1.

More information on SolidView 2.1 will be available on our
web site, http://www.solidconcepts.com as we get closer to the
release date.

At 08:17 AM 3/31/97 -0300, pablo elenter wrote:
>Hi all - We are involved in project of distributing 3D CAD information
>through internet. The information will be used for quotation of automotives
>parts.
>We had evaluated the .STL format and the related viewers.
>
>The VRML seems to have some advantages, but we didnīt got deep in it.
>
>Has anybody know of cheap viewer for VRML files? Can they handle sections
>and mesures as SOLIDVIEW or MAGICVIEW do? Is there any paper about it?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Pablo from Argentina.

>Pablo Elenter
>Phone: 541 3222832