RE: Windows N/T Upgrade

From: Bruce Okkema (bruceo@eagledesign.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 22:43:46 EEST

We have been having a bit of trouble with our upgrade. We were the first company to get the Zephyr installed in the field. That went very well. We are 150% satisfied with the performance of the Zephyr. Getting the NT is another story. We were finally shipped the parts and software about 7 weeks ago (11 months after we ordered it) and then we tried for 6 weeks to get a field engineer here to install it. We did get it installed last week and found out at that time we were not scheduled to get a pentium. The salesperson told us a 500/30 to 500/40 upgraded included a zephyr, a pentium and NT--we are still working with 3D on this, but it has not been resolved. We like the NT interface and it is generally working well, but the 486 computer with 16meg of RAM is definitely underpowered.